Common Equity is a not-for-profit organisation governed by a Board of Directors who are responsible for the strategic management and financial performance of the organisation.
The Board is made up of:
- Four Member Directors, elected by the Common Equity shareholders / members at the Annual General Meeting (elected for a two-year term)
- Four Technical Directors, appointed by the Board based on their expertise in one of the following areas; Law, Finance, Property, Social Housing or other like disciplines. Technical Directors are appointed for two-years
- The CEO, who is appointed by the Board
Committees, made up of Board members and independent consultants, meet regularly to progress strategic initiatives in:
- Finance, Assets, Risk Management
- Business Development
From time to time, the Board instructs Common Equity to appoint an Advisory Group to consult with members on issues of significance. Advisory Groups are made up of co-op members, an independent Chair, and technical experts (if required).
The Board meets monthly at the Thebarton office.
Compliance and regulation
The Common Equity Constitution, clearly outlines the principles by which the organisation is acknowledged to be governed.
Additional to the Board Committee Charters:
- FARM Charter
- Business Development Committee Charter
Common Equity is a nationally registered Tier 2 community housing provider.
The national standards for Tier 2 providers seek to ensure satisfactory performance against set benchmarks.
Board of Directors
|Don Passmore||Chairperson & Technical Director|
|Claire MacKenzie||Deputy Chairperson & Member Director|
|John Rolfe||Technical Director & Treasurer|
|Chris Branford||Technical Director|
|Claire Thackray||Member Director|
|Scott Sharrad||Member Director|
|Ray Smith||Member Director|
|Esther Hamandishe||Technical Director|