Community Housing has a specific purpose and therefore housing allocations are reserved for those who are eligible. Please see below to find out more information about Eligibility and if you meet the criteria.
To pass the base eligibility criteria people need to:
- be a resident of South Australia
- not be a homeowner
- have an independent income
Multiple household groups
If there’s more than one household group in your registration of interest, such as a couple with a child and a financially independent elderly parent, both households need to be eligible or have special circumstances.
Before you apply
- get proof of income and identity for everyone on your registration of interest aged 16 and over
- choose the areas you’re prepared to live in – refer to the member organisation section of the website
- be prepared to be asked for verification of any special circumstances you have
- if you want someone else, for example, a partner or parent, to be able to discuss your registration of interest with community housing provider, complete a registrant’s permission to release information to a third party form